The MEAL Assistant will be responsible for assisting the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of PIN Armenia projects. The MEAL Assistant reports to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Manager and works closely with other relevant PIN colleagues.
DUTIES amp; RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation processes across PIN ongoing programs.
- Support in setting up MEAL workplans for projects and follow on the set timeframes for MEAL activities implementation.
- Support in designing/updating MEAL tools, tracking tools, databases, etc.
- Draft assessment and other evaluation questionnaires.
- Participate in conducting surveys or other data collection activities (observations, FGDs, etc.).
- Analyze the assessment findings and prepare draft report.
- Participates in monitoring of project activities including activities implemented by partners and prepares summary reports.
- Document field observations and information obtained through quantitative and qualitative methods and provide feedback to programme/project teams through clear reporting.
- Ensure archiving of the MEAL documents in PIN internal archiving system.
- Contribute to proposal writing while collecting relevant data from stakeholders and potential beneficiaries.
- Support in drafting TORs for external MEAL actions and assist in evaluation by conducting technical check of the TOR and presented scope.
- Support in implementing electronic, mobile data collection systems in MEAL processes.
- Availability to undertake regular field visits to regions.
- Conduct other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
- Minimum 2 years of work experience, preferably in NGOs or humanitarian sector.
- Experience in Mamp;E activities is an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment.
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English and Armenian.
- Highly organized person with attention to details and able to work individually.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Technology and software related skills, ability to utilize computer packages and applications in data collection, data analysis, storage and dissemination.
What we offer:
- Salary and benefits according to national PIN Armenia salary scale
- Health insurance package
- Gaining work experience and knowledge of organization's processes in professional NGO, the largest in Central Europe
- Becoming a part of international community
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and should a suitable candidate be found before the official closing date, the advertisement might be withdrawn prior to the deadline thus early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.