Under the strategic guidance of the Country Director, the position is responsible for the overall coordination of all Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) related processes and activities across PIN’s Country Programme in Armenia; lead the MEAL department in developing quality MEAL related deliverables in compliance with donors’ guidelines and PIN’s internal guidelines.
The lead role and responsibilities in MEAL will be performed in close collaboration with the Programme Managers, Emergency Team, Desk Officer and HQ-based advisors.
DUTIES amp; RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead the monitoring, evaluation duties and assist-in in accountability and learning processes at the Country Programme:
- Manage all monitoring and evaluation activities for projects implemented by PIN Armenia.
- Lead implementation of the ethical principles in all MEAL processes at the Country Programme.
- Draft and regularly update MEAL workplans and data collection plans at the Country Programme in consultation with Country Director and HQ advisors. Support Country Director, program/project teams in developing accountability mechanisms, including the Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) and assist in analysis.
- Support project teams in developing quality standards for all key program interventions to strengthen the compliance and quality aspects.
- Promote and strengthen the understanding of the importance of MEAL within the organization.
- Supervise partner’s MEAL activities in line with PIN procedures; provide necessary guidance on tools development; data collection and reporting.
Ensure technical, programmatic or strategic consultancy in MEAL assignments to the program personnel at the Country Programme:
- Set up an adequate monitoring and evaluation system applicable for the whole Country Programme and particular projects and draft Mamp;E plan for each and every project according to PIN standards.
- Provide MEAL related inputs to project proposal, review the Logframe/Theory of Change (ToC) and the logic of intervention. Review project budget to ensure implementation of adequate high-quality monitoring, where applicable.
- Plan, prepare, organize and conduct monitoring and evaluation activities for all projects (including and where relevant routine/random monitoring activities, baseline and end-line studies, post distribution and post intervention monitoring, mid-term and post-project evaluation etc.) and provide support to external evaluators as required.
- Ensure implementation of high-quality MEAL process and ensure delivery of adequate MEAL products at the Country Programme.
- Analyze existing monitoring and evaluation tools and generate new ones if need arises.
- Manage and supervise MEAL team at the Country Programme to ensure they deliver on all internal and external MEAL requirements in a timely manner and with high quality information.
- Support in beneficiary verification and assist in preparing tools for data collection; when relevant collect data and process it.
- Help design and review data collection/tracking tools/formats/databases to ensure data quality, reliability and consistency throughout project implementation. Support project teams in implementing innovative solutions and assist in setting it up, e.g. Humansis (Beneficiary Management System).
- Support project staff in needs assessments studies; assist in designing the tools for needs assessment and support in carrying out quantitative data collection exercises.
Support internal learning, capacity building and facilitate quality improvement in relation to domain of MEAL:
- Develop strategies for increasing MEAL Department capacity, including hiring staff if needed.
- Carry out or assist in trainings, learning events in regards to MEAL and contribute to MEAL team members capacity development, including trainings for enumerators.
- Set up a mechanism to promote internal learning via sharing findings from MEAL activities and reflection on lessons learned related to MEAL domain.
- University degree in social studies or related fields
- At least 3 years of Mamp;E experience
- Experience in the NGO/INGO field with a focus on civil society development or emergency programs is an advantage
- Analytical skills, experience and ability in analyzing and presenting data, reflective thinking, and being able to understand the stories behind the data
- Report writing skills, being able to explain the insights, document field observations and information obtained through quantitative and qualitative methods and provide feedback to program teams through clear reporting;
- Ability to explain and present complex information and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style
- Technology and software related skills, ability to utilize computer packages and applications in data collection, data analysis, storage and dissemination
- Ability to plan workloads and manage conflicting priorities
- Excellent command of Armenian and English
What we offer:
- Salary and benefits according to national PIN Armenia salary scale
- Health insurance
- Gaining work experience and knowledge of organization's processes in professional NGO, the largest in Central Europe
- Becoming a part of international community
Please note, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and should a suitable candidate be found before the official closing date, the advertisement might be withdrawn prior to the deadline thus early submissions are strongly encouraged.
Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.