Introducing Zinc Network
Zinc Network is an international development agency headquartered in London and with offices in Washington, D.C., Tbilisi and Warsaw. We’re on a mission to achieve meaningful, measurable change through communications, technology, and behavioural science. We are a B-Corp certified, ethical business with 80+ team members from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. We work with a broad range of governmental, NGO and private sector clients.
We conceptualise and create award-winning programs, interventions, and campaigns that change the way that people think, feel, and behave about some of the world’s most complex social issues including disinformation violent extremism, poor governance, online safety and gender-based violence.
Zinc is seeking a Project Manager for a USAID-supported media development program, to be implemented in Armenia. The project will be run in collaboration with Internews and Media Initiatives Center, and will provide support to selected media organizations throughout Armenia.
- In coordination with Portfolio Director, media experts and the local project team, design and implement business development plans for selected Armenian media outlets, including audience development, content development, fundraising and overall strategic planning.
- Provide overall management, coordination, and technical direction to project staff and program beneficiaries; this will include oversight achieving contractual obligations, technical work, and financial targets.
- Support the smooth implementation of the program, including the delivery of quarterly and annual targets; reviewing and supporting MEL plans and other reporting efforts, ensuring everything is aligned with award requirements, rules, and regulations; programme objectives; and client/donor guidance elevating risks and opportunities to senior management.
- Communicate effectively with donors and other stakeholders, including USAID, media outlets and social media influencers.
- Embody the values of Zinc Network.
What we need from you
- Minimum of three to seven years’ experience in journalism, preferably for an Armenian outlet. Some private sector experience a plus. Some journalism management experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience in supporting media business development, ideally knowledge of the Armenian advertising market and Armenian private sector.
- Past experience developing or implementing business development plans for news organisations is preferred.
- Significant expertise and understanding of the contemporary issues surrounding the sustainability and viability of media and content monetization strategies, and current trends in non-profit and commercial media models.
- Experience in project management is required; experience managing/coordinating donor-funded programs is preferred.
- A deep knowledge of and interest in news and current affairs in Armenia is desired, as is familiarity with social media, including Instagram and TikTok.
- Excellent formal writing and presentation skills in both English and Armenian are essential.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and cooperating with a diverse group of beneficiaries, donors and other stakeholders.
- Experience in managing projects across inception and close-out.
- Experience working with project-based staff, providing technical and financial oversight on projects.
- Experience working with quantitative data a plus.
- Reporting into Portfolio Director
- Working alongside project staff including local partner teams from Internews and MIC, as well as communications teams in Tbilisi and London
Area of Selection
We’re committed to hiring a diverse workforce from different professional and cultural backgrounds, and to that end we encourage a variety of people to apply to join our company to represent the diverse range of subjects associated with our projects.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates who receive a job offer will be required to:
- Disclose any previous disciplinary action against them resulting from a substantiated safeguarding (including any breaches involving trafficking- related activities) or workplace investigation.
- Undergo background checks including employment verification, sexual offender registry (as available), identity confirmation, and anti-terrorism vetting.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter stating how you meet each of the requirements.
If you require an accommodation to be made at any point throughout the recruitment process, please contact
Annual Salary approximately $30,000/annum, depending on experience.